The way we learn to start & grow a business is massively flawed.
First of all, there’s a lot of conflicting information out there (all being promoted by someone who wants to sell you on THEIR program). So you hear things like –
- the key to doubling your business is to block out your time and set 90-day goals;
- the key to growing your business is to be recognized by getting published/being a guest on well-known shows/podcasts/etc.;
- the key to doubling your income is to improve your sales skills;
- you can’t help others until you help yourself so fix your mindset and the rest will fall into place;
- the key to a successful business is unique branding; and so on and so on and so on.
If you were to believe the hype, you’d spend 4 years in programs like these before you made a single dollar of income.
But deep down we do believe the hype. So we try to do ALL these things on our own, without the help of programs we can’t afford to enroll in.
And the result is a very slow-growing business with a million scattered pieces that aren’t working together.
Be honest – how many ideas have you been filing away in notebooks, folders, or Trello boards because you know the idea is gold but you don’t have time to implement it right now? (Raise your hand in the comments if this is you!!)
How many of those ideas have you actually tried to implement right away and when they flopped you were no further along in your biz?
There are a million ways you could grow your business. All those experts and gurus are right that their unique specialty is going to help *someone*.
But unfortunately it’s not going to help every one of the 2000 people who signed up for that program, nor the 10,000 people who wanted to but didn’t, who are now struggling to figure it out on their own.
So what’s the solution? (Way to go Mollie, now I have a new problem I didn’t even know about. You better have a solution for this!)
I do!! And it’s right here: